A schema for describing translations and language profiles for ontologies
- Profile - Represents a set of translation that together compose a language profile.
- Translation - Represents and individual translation
- predicate_id - The predicate / annotation property used to relate the translated value at the source ontolgy. For example: rdfs:label, oio:exactSynonym, dc:description
- source - The persistent identifier of the source, for example http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/hp.owl.
- source_language - The language code of the source value, for example en-GB (see http://www.lingoes.net/en/translator/langcode.htm).
- source_value - The value that is being translated, for example the definition of a disease or the name of a cell type.
- source_version - The version of the source used for the translation, for example http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/hp/releases/2021-04-13/hp.owl.
- subject_id - The id of the entity to which the source value belongs, i.e. the subject of the annotation, for example HP:0000001.
- translation_confidence - A score between 0 and 1 to denote the degree of certainty the translator has with regards to the translation of the source value into the translation value, given a particular level of precision. For example, the translation may have precision "narrow" or "broad" rather than "exact", but the confidence that this is right may still be 100% (1.0).
- translation_date - The date the translation was performed.
- translation_language - The language code of the translated value, for example fr (see http://www.lingoes.net/en/translator/langcode.htm).
- translation_precision - While by default, all translations are assumed to be exact, this is not possible in all cases. Where the translations cant be exact, they can be close, narrow or broad.
- translation_provider - The entity, i.e. person or group, that provides and maintains the translation profile.
- translation_status - The status of the translation indicates how "official" the translation is.
- translation_type - By default, a record in a translation table is a direct translation, but there are situations where a translation may add additional values, like synonyms, without having a directly corresponding translated value.
- translation_value - The translation of the source value int the translation language. For example the french name of a disease.
- translator - The entity that performed the translation, for example https://orcid.org/0000-0002-1373-XXXX or https://translate.google.com/
- translator_expertise - The expertise level of the translator, e.g. domain expert or student.
- Boolean (Bool) - A binary (true or false) value
- Date (XSDDate) - a date (year, month and day) in an idealized calendar
- Datetime (XSDDateTime) - The combination of a date and time
- Decimal (Decimal) - A real number with arbitrary precision that conforms to the xsd:decimal specification
- Double (float) - A real number that conforms to the xsd:double specification
- Float (float) - A real number that conforms to the xsd:float specification
- Integer (int) - An integer
- Ncname (NCName) - Prefix part of CURIE
- Nodeidentifier (NodeIdentifier) - A URI, CURIE or BNODE that represents a node in a model.
- Objectidentifier (ElementIdentifier) - A URI or CURIE that represents an object in the model.
- String (str) - A character string
- Time (XSDTime) - A time object represents a (local) time of day, independent of any particular day
- Uri (URI) - a complete URI
- Uriorcurie (URIorCURIE) - a URI or a CURIE